Windows Essentials 2012 is a suite of free programs that can help you organise and edit photos and videos, manage email, create blog posts, and keep your files in sync. You can choose which programs you want to install or you can install all of them. Windows Essentials 2012 works with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Windows Essentials includes the following programs:
- Photo Gallery. Everything you need to organize, edit, and publish your photos.
- Movie Maker. Tell your story in style. Make a polished movie from your photos and videos in just a few clicks.
- Windows Live Writer. Create stunning blog posts in minutes, with photos, videos, maps, and more. Then publish them to any of your favorite blog service providers.
- Windows Live Mail. Manage multiple email accounts, calendars, and your contacts, even when you’re offline.
- OneDrive. With OneDrive installed on all your computers, you can get to the latest version of your files wherever you are.
If you are not using Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail in Windows 10 to access your emails then you are likely using Windows Live Mail which is a component of Windows Live Essentials. Windows Live Essentials will continue to run after the end of support date though some email service providers have moved to newer email protocols for improved security and reliability not supported by Windows Live Mail. These email service provides may no longer work.Our recommended alternatives are:
- Mail is available as a free built-in application for Windows 8.1 and above.
- Photos is available as a free built-in application for Windows 8.1 and above.
- Movie Maker will soon be available from Windows Store for Windows 10 users.
- Live Writer is available as an open-source solution.
- One Drive is an inbox feature for Windows 8.1 and above.
- Family Safety is an inbox feature for Windows 8.1 and above.